The guidance and restrictions brought in by the Scottish Government as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic have had an impact on the development programme for the proposed West Torrisdale Wind Farm project. ESB continues to follow Scottish Government advice regarding working, travel and social distancing and we will review and revise the following programme in line with the latest Scottish Government advice.
• EIA Scoping Request submitted to the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, setting out the scope of the EIA surveys to be undertaken.
• EIA Scoping Opinion received from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, setting out the scope of the EIA surveys to be undertaken.
• EIA surveys ongoing on site in accordance with the latest Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions.
• Ongoing design evolution and environmental assessment process to optimise the design to achieve balance between site performance and environmental effects. As well as to identify measures to eliminate, avoid, reduce or mitigate any potentially significant effects where possible.
• First public information event hosted introducing the project to the community.
• Further public consultation events held both in the local community and online.
• Environmental Impact Assessment surveys completed.
• Section 36 application for West Torrisdale Wind Farm submitted to Scottish Government.
• Formal public consultation period opens as soon as Section 36 application is live.