Millmoor Rig Wind Farm - Development Timeline
The guidance and restrictions brought in by the Scottish Government as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic have had an impact on the development programme for the proposed Millmoor Rig Wind Farm project. ESB continues to follow Scottish Government advice regarding working, travel and social distancing and we will review and revise the following programme in line with the latest Scottish Government advice.
Our Proposed Programme
• Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) surveys commence.
• EIA surveys ongoing in accordance with the latest Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions.
• EIA Scoping Report prepared.
• EIA Scoping Request submitted to the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, setting out the scope of the EIA surveys to be undertaken.
• Millmoor Rig Wind Farm website launched.
• Ongoing design evolution and environmental assessment process to optimise the design to achieve balance between energy performance and environmental effects. Measures to be identified to eliminate, avoid, reduce or mitigate any potentially significant effects where possible.
• EIA Scoping Opinion to be received from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, confirming the scope of the EIA surveys to be completed.
Summer and Autumn 2022
• Public consultation events held in the local community.
• Environmental Impact Assessment surveys completed.
• Section 36 application for Millmoor Rig Wind Farm submitted to Scottish Government.
• Formal public consultation period opens as soon as Section 36 application is live.