ESB Energy Accessibility Statement
This accessibility statement applies to content published on www.esbenergy.co.uk. ESB Energy intends for content on this website to be used by as many users as possible, including assistive technology users. We are working towards an accessible design that ensures this outcome in accordance with European Union (Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies) Regulations 2020.
Measures to support accessibility
We have always given strong focus and consideration to implementing accessible content on our portals and platforms. For many years now, we have been engaged with an external accessibility auditing partner to audit our content in conformance with the WCAG 2.1 level AA guidelines. Over the last year, we have increased the number of accessibility audits conducted, to achieve a high standard of accessible content in our digital platforms. Our accessibility partner is now embedded in many of our functional teams. We have a continual service improvement plan in place, to improve the end-user experience for our customers who use assistive technology.
www.esbenergy.co.uk is partially conformant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA standard. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. Some of these items are listed below, and we have a plan in place to address these.
Known accessibility issues with this website
- Some interactive elements are programmatically unlabeled
- Some interactive elements do not have a visible keyboard focus outline
- Focus is not always correctly managed within our mobile navigation menu
- Some of our pages do not convey an accurate heading structure
- Some of our links do not provide sufficient context
- Our video content is not accompanied by any text alternatives (e.g., a transcript) or audio descriptions
- Some of our text is difficult to see against its background due to a low colour contrast ratio
- Some form fields rely on their placeholders alone for labels
- Some form fields do not convey that they are required fields
- The form validation used on our Contact form does not always give clear information about what went wrong or how to correct the errors
- Some decorative images announce with a descriptive text alternative
- Some of our list content (e.g., numbered lists) are not programmatically marked up as lists
- Some of our footnotes (i.e., ‘*’ symbols) are difficult to understand for assistive technology users
Accessibility feedback and contact
If you find any of our content is not easily accessible, please contact us directly (see the details below).
If you need information on this website in an alternative format like accessible PDF, large print or braille, you can contact:
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- call - 03456070372
We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Accessibility feedback and contact information
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
ESB Energy Team by calling 03456070372 or emailing email@example.com.
ESB Energy Ltd, Peter House, Oxford St, Manchester M1 5AN, United Kingdom
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We are always striving towards fixing our non-compliant content and we will regularly revise this Accessibility Statement once improvements have been made.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared in Q3 2021. It was last reviewed on 07/12/2021.