Chleansaid Wind Farm - Development Timeline
The guidance and restrictions brought in by the Scottish Government as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic have had an impact on the development programme for the proposed Chleansaid Wind Farm project. ESB continues to follow Scottish Government advice regarding working, travel and social distancing and we will review and revise the following programme in line with the latest Scottish Government advice.
Our Proposed Programme
• Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) surveys commence.
• Site-based EIA surveys suspended in line with Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions. Desk studies continue in the meantime.
• The Highland Council granted Planning Consent for the installation of two temporary 90m tall meteorological masts to investigate the wind resource at the site.
• EIA Scoping Opinion received from the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, setting out the scope of the EIA surveys to be undertaken.
• EIA surveys recommence on site in accordance with the latest Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions.
• Online 'virtual' Pre-Application Advice Meeting held with the Highland Council, Scottish Environment Protection Agency and Scottish Natural Heritage / NatureScot.
• A temporary 90m tall meteorological mast was installed at the site.
• Chleansaid Wind Farm website launched.
• Environmental Impact Assessment surveys continue.
• Online 'virtual' public consultation on the initial Chleansaid Wind Farm proposals commenced in accordance with the latest Scottish Government guidance in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic during the COVID-19 restrictions.
• Ongoing communication with local communities and individuals.
• Further public consultation events held both virtually and in-person in the local community, in line with the latest Scottish Government Covid-19 guidance. Information on the events can be found on the Public Consultation section on the Chleansaid Wind Farm homepage.
• Environmental Impact Assessment surveys completed.
• Section 36 application submitted to the Scottish Government in March 2022.
• Planning application goes live and formal public consultation period opens.