Pay As You Go
No Connection or Set Up Fees - just charge and go!
If you are an occasional user, you can pay as you go at any of our rapid charging points from just 29p* per kWh.
We charge per unit of electricity known as kilowatt hour (kWh). The mileage you will get per kWh will depend on your vehicle and driving style. All our rapid chargers use 100% renewable electricity.
There are two Pay as You Go payment options:
- Pay as You Go: Make a once off transaction at any of our rapid charging points via our EV Plug In app
- Pre-Pay: Purchase pre-paid credit with a registered account on the website via our EV Plug In app
- Charge and go via our EV Plug In app which is available to download from the Google Play store and Apple app store
- Live charging point map
- 24/7 customer care support
- Option to purchase charging point access card for £10
Note: To ensure a charge point is available for the next user, an overstay fee of £10 will apply for charging sessions longer than one hour.
*The PAYG pricing structure can be summarised as follows:
|Price Plan||Price per kWh||Membership||Connection fee||Charge point access card|
|No subscription||No connection fee||£10|
Free Charging Offer for Birmingham EV Drivers
We are giving EV drivers in Birmingham the chance to try out the first ESB Energy public EV chargers in Birmingham for free for a limited time, before pay for use is introduced later in the summer.
For information on how to avail of the offer, click here.
Price Plan / Pricing Options Terms and Conditions
*Applies to prepay accounts
These Price Plan / Pricing Options Terms and Conditions are valid from 20th November, 2020.