What can I do on my online account?
You can view the following on your online account:
- View account details
- Tariff details
- Previous and current bill
- Pay your bill
- Submit meter readings and view previous readings
- Update your marketing preferences
My Account FAQs
You can find your account number on your Welcome Pack on the top right hand corner (9 digits 22XXXXXXX). Can't find it? Give us a call on 0345 60 70 372.
Your password must be:
- At least 8 characters long
- 4 of the following - uppercase character, lowercase characters, numbers and special characters
Once you have registered as an ESB Energy customer and received your Welcome Pack email, you will be able to register online so that you can easily manage your account. All you have to do is click here.
You will need the following information to hand to register your account:
- Account Number (in your Welcome Pack email)
- Email Address (the same email address you used when switching over to us)
Please follow the below steps to register your online account:
- If you are a new customer, please click the “Sign up now” link at the bottom of the page
- Follow the below steps using the email address you used when signing up to ESB Energy and you account number which can be found in your Welcome Pack.
- If you verify your email address correctly, you can then follow the login link to sign in.
Please check your ‘Other’ and ‘Junk’ folders to ensure the email has not been re-directed to an alternative mailbox.
To avoid this happening in future, please add ESB Energy as a contact, so that all email notifications will be directed to your primary mailbox.
If there is no email in your other mailboxes email or call us and we will resend it.
1. Click on Forgot your password link on the sign-in page:
2. Populate your email address and select the link Send verification code:
3. Please check your email inbox for your verification code.
4. You should now be able to populate your verification code. Enter your email address and the verification code you received in appropriate fields and hit the 'Verify code' button.
5. If you code verified successfully you can now click on the 'Continue' button proceed.
The switch takes 17 days in total to complete on average. There are a few key days where we will be in contact:
- Day 1: A welcome pack will be sent to your email address with the terms and conditions.
- Day 9: The switch is in progress, we will contact you with your go live date.
- Day 15: We will request a meter read.
- Day 17: Switch is now complete and you are a registered customer with ESB Energy!
If you are interested in becoming a customer, please click here.
In the unlikely event that your electricity or gas supply is interrupted, being registered on the Priority Services Register allows the relevant companies to know that you're potentially in need of additional services. These can vary based on the scale and length of the outage.
Customers that we know have electrically dependant medical equipment and/or life threatening illnesses are likely to be prioritised in order of contact and the provision of services. However, whatever the reason for your registration, knowing how we can adapt our actions and communications appropriately helps us safeguard you too.
If you change supplier or move house, please let us know and we will be able to create a new account for you for your new property.You can download the Priority Services Register form here.
If you are switching to a different supplier, you will need to notify your new supplier that you need to be added to the Priority Services Register. You can phone us on 0345 60 70 372 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. We have a dedicated team to help you through the next steps and make things as easy as possible for you.We appreciate that the passing away of a family member or friend is never an easy experience. We want to make things as straightforward and as stress-free as possible for you.
Detailed below are some of the things we may need in order to update our systems and organise affairs on your behalf:
- The account holder's name and/or account number
- Your relationship to the deceased
- The date that the account holder passed away
- Up to date meter readings
- A copy of the death certificate
- Your contact information
- Who is now responsible for the property
We appreciate that the passing away of a family member or friend is never an easy experience. We want to make things as straightforward and as stress-free as possible for you. Please contact our customer care team on 0345 6070 372 or emal us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help.
Your current supplier can object to you switching, but only under specific circumstances, which will be set out in your contract. Some typical reasons include:
- If you are in debt with your supplier (debt needs to be over 28 days old)
- If you are still bound by your contract, because you are on a Fixed Energy Plan where the term has not ended.
Your supplier cannot object if:
- You are not signed up to any contract because you are on a deemed contract
- Your contract has expired and you are not bound by its terms.
If your current supplier does object to your switch, they are under licence obligations to tell you this as soon as possible. They must also tell you:
- The reason why they have objected.
- How you can resolve this if you think you have a case.
We send you an annual statement each year and this gives you a clear breakdown of your usage over the last 12 months.
Alternatively, your monthly bill provides an estimated annual consumption figure and this can be found in the 'about your tariff' section.
£50 for you and £50 for your friend
Refer a Friend to ESB Energy and you both get £50 free energy credit