In the event of an electrical emergency or power outage please call 105 to be put through to your local electricity network operator. 105 is a free service, available from most landlines and mobile phones in England, Scotland and Wales. In the event of a gas emergency call the National Gas Emergency Helpline: 0800 111 999.
In the event of a gas related emergency please call the Emergency Gas Helpline on 0800 111 999.
If you smell gas at home or on the street:
- Open doors and windows for ventilation
- Do not use matches or naked flames
- Do not turn on or off any electrical switches
- Do not use mobile phones
- If it is safe to do so, turn the gas off at the meter unless the meter is located in the cellar/basement
- If an electrical security entry lock/phone is fitted, then this must not be operated. The door must be opened manually
- Call the National Gas Emergency Helpline: 0800 111 999
If you experience a power outage, you will need to call your Distribution Network Operator (DNO) on 105. They will be able to inform you of any power outages in your area. Before you call, make sure to check that your trip switch is in the right position and that your neighbors have power.